Friday, June 1, 2012

Spring cleaning

I can't believe it's June 1st! You're now full-term, Georgia, any day now you could pop out! I'm excited and anxious at the same time because that means a totally new chapter of Peejo and Tere's life is about to unfold. More sleepless nights and a total revamp of our priorities. But it's all good, I know it's a kind of change we would always welcome anytime! I find that you no longer let me sleep after I pee in the middle of the night for a few days now. Are you as excited as your Daddy and me?

The rainy season has started (much to your dad's frustration over last night's unexpected flood and traffic), somewhat washing away unimportant things to make room for new ones. Just like what I've been doing this past few days. Since you're about to arrive, it wouldn't hurt to "clean up" memories to make way for new ones we'll have with you!

My room is newly painted so most of my stuff are either by the staircase or downstairs. I can't believe I've accumulated so much over the past 25 years! (I was 7 when we moved here.) The bulk of it was actually school stuff and journals. I found maybe at least 10 journals from way back in high school including this big blue binder which is probably the last I wrote on before I kept up with the times and started my blog frenzy.

I swear, the things that I write about are so hilarious, shallow, and most of all, cringe-worthy! Aah, the trivialty of youth written with such innocence. They were mostly about boys, frustration over friends, family, school and work; not to mention the crazy stories I conjure in my head. I wouldn't be surprised if you eventually pick up my habit of writing on anything you could get your hands on. It actually took me two days to finish because I read most of them for one last time. When you're old enough I'm sure you'll keep your journals under lock and key, away from my prying eyes, just like what I did. Don't worry I won't snoop! I'd rather you tell me about your adventures and thoughts instead, whenever you're ready.

I mentioned some people whom I can no longer recall. I realized that some people whom I thought were important were actually not, because I rarely wrote about them. At one point I wrote about so many boys that I realized your mommy WAS actually a hot commodity! Hahaha! I complained about so many of them not being consistent, being weird, freaky and confusing. Basically a roller coaster ride of emotions everytime. Of course it wasn't entirely their fault, I had my share of wrongdoings too. Let's just say that Mommy got heartbroken once big time, and it was surprising and impressive just how emotional that particular entry went that I could turn it into a song had I not chosen to burn it. One realization stood out from this cleaning up, though -- those so-called relationships were never meant to work out because I have yet to meet your dad!

Let me tell you a secret, it was only your dad who impressed me and your grandparents big time. It was only your dad who has given so much of himself for me. It was only your dad who's been consistent with his expressions of love all this time, even until now. Now that you're about to meet him, there'll be no doubt he'll be the knight in shining armor who will sweep you off your feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment