Monday, June 24, 2013

Birthday wishes

It's your actual birthday today, and you're having the time of your life with your cupcake kitchen. We celebrated your birthday with a party yesterday and did you know more than a hundred people came to see how much and how well you've grown? God is good that we were able to fit everyone in the room and there were more than enough food to go around. You had bouts of crankiness perhaps by being overwhelmed with the number of people around you and you wanted to nurse. Nevertheless you enjoyed meeting your titos and titas, lolos and lolas as well as your new friends and playmates.

Time flew by so fast, and I won't be surprised that the next time I blink you're waving goodbye at me on your first day at school. It's difficult not to get sentimental, especially when I was looking at printed photos of you from birth while I displayed them at your party. You're now around 10 kilos heavy and you now have so many "tricks" up your sleeve. My mommy teacher friends keep saying that I should take advantage of this time when you're still clingy and affectionate because it won't be long before you'll want to do things all by yourself, and you will not need any help from me.

I choke up at the thought that you will not be a baby forever and the day will come when you would rather be with friends or your boyfriend that with mommy and daddy. I wish I could freeze time. But as I said on my previous post, life gets better with acceptance and I should accept that it will happen eventually and it's all part of being a parent and of growing up. You will eventually become your own person, and your daddy and me will just stand by the sidelines and show our love and support.

Happy birthday to our hilarious bundle of joy! You never fail to make me laugh. You're indeed your father's daughter. I wish that your allergies will never act up again and that you will grow up to be as smart and kind-hearted as mommy (haha) and as headstrong and confident as daddy. We promise to be good role models for you today and everyday for the rest of our lives.

Anyway, I'm really glad that the party is over, but prepping is not yet over for me... there's still our HK trip which I hope that you will love!

No comments:

Post a Comment