Saturday, March 2, 2013

Where comfort meets style

I used to be very meticulous with the clothes and accessories I wear. I prefer classic cuts and solid colors because you can mix and match with more pieces of clothing. With my built hovering on the "pleasantly plump" category, I choose styles that highlight the assets I think I have and hide unnecessary bulges here and there. That's why you might notice in photos from my younger days, I look thinner than I am. Yes, I can do magic that way :)

Anyhoo, it all changed when we found out I was pregnant and my old clothes started getting tighter and more uncomfortable. I had to buy stretchy bottoms and tops that look like tents. Your lolas would buy me tops and dresses perhaps to make me feel good about myself despite my growing belly (and arms and legs and face...) and God bless them for their generosity. During this time, footwear has become a problem, too.

I am fortunate I didn't have to wear heels at work, but then I was also getting uncomfortable with my flats. They felt hot and tight all the time, and I found myself looking forward to getting home because then I could change into my trusty rubber flipflops. I wished I could go to work in them, but being able to wear them everywhere else was definitely a plus for a preggy me.

8 months after you were born, my penchant for flipflops still remain. During the rare times I go out, I would try on my old flats, but nothing gives me the comfort that I need on those days when you leave me longing for a few more hours of sleep or somebody to massage my tired muscles. It was actually a pleasant surprise when I received (of all days, on my birthday) not one, but two pairs of Caribbean flipflops. Surprise was an understatement, I was overjoyed!

Comfort and style usually don't go together - just think of heels, pencil-cut skirts, make-up and the like. And so it is a great find if you come across something that combines both. These Caribbean are super comfortable, durable and they come in a wide array of colors and styles. I like it that these purple flipflops have a subtle metallic sheen to it which can highlight newly painted nails beautifully. These can be definitely worn to our next shopping trip to the mall.



I'm not always a fan of bright colors, but this big and bold paisley print looks really cute. I wore this yesterday and it felt light with each step. I can already imagine walking on the beach wearing these. Maybe I should buy you a pair for our future beach trip! I have seen their cute floral designs online and several people love them too.



I love it that Caribbean slippers are made of high quality materials which are carefully crafted and creatively designed. Best of all, it is locally made and amazingly affordable at Php 150 and Php 230 (purple and pink, respectively)! I believe they are available at all department stores. My imported flipflops were three or four times more expensive and they didn't last me long. These, I'm sure, would serve me well for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment