Sunday, May 20, 2012

As big as a cantaloupe

I hope Blogger still maintains the old interface, I'm having a hard time with the new one! It's not as user-friendly and my posts turn out weird.

It's been a week since the baby shower that your Lola Baby, Tita Clarice, Tita Joanne and Tita Anna prepared for your dad and me. A lot of people came, just like my old friends Cathy and Elaine, as well as Jenny and Polle from the gym. It was indeed a shower of sorts because it literally poured around 4pm and we had to move the chairs and tables a bit. There was a lot of yummy food as well as a batch of yummy looking cupcakes! The photos are on Facebook and you'd see me all bloated and ready to give birth! It's really hard to move around now that you're as big as a cantaloupe (5lbs) and I'm pretty sensitive to heat. It rained a little bit a while ago and I'm hoping there'll be a breeze so I can sleep well.

I have four days left til I go on a real vacation, which means no part time work even yay! It will be a big change for me, considering I've been working since I was able to. Then again, I'd probably get too saturated with Facebook and checking my email. Maybe it's time to check out Lamaze videos and save them on my hard drive.

I can't wait to see you! I know it won't be long. It feels surreal though. In a few weeks my life will dramatically change, but I know it will be for the better. I've been told of sleepless nights and a total change of lifestyle, and honestly sometimes I feel that I'm not ready for it, but then again, when will I be, right? I guess it's just the fear of the unknown that's dictating all these, which I know I'll eventually overcome, especially when I'm already holding you in my arms. We'll be in this together my baby! Just thinking about you already gives me strength to withstand everything that comes with motherhood :) Just don't give Mommy a hard time during delivery okay? I'll do everything to make sure that we'll get out of it safe and sound. For now, just stay healthy and beautiful for Daddy and me until we meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment